Specialist Client Sectors
While academy schools enjoy much greater control over their budgets and the way they operate, becoming independent of a local authority also brings with it new challenges and responsibilities.
The team at Rickard Keen is ideally placed to advise schools in planning and implementing the transition to an academy, including assessing their financial position, advising on improvements to their systems and assisting them in meeting the new responsibilities that come with this status.
We can assist with:
- Accounts prepared in accordance with the Companies Act, Charities’ Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) and the relevant Academies Accounts Direction
- Management accounts
- Cash flow planning and budgeting
- Outsourced bookkeeping and payroll
- VAT registration and reclaiming on non-business activities
- Corporation tax liabilities from, for example, lettings income
- Company secretarial services
- Pension matters
- Investment options for surplus funds
As academy schools must adopt a more business-minded approach, it makes sense to source the most cost-effective external providers of goods and services. At Rickard Keen, we offer an efficient solution to the accounting needs of academy schools that represents true value for money.
If you wish to know more about our services for academy schools, or would like to arrange a free initial meeting in order to discuss how we can help you in more detail, please contact us.